Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Two more weeks

Another two weeks have flown by and we are still busy busy around here. I keep thinking my rental business is going to slow down but it hasn't much.  A nice problem to have I guess but I am ready for a break. It's been non-stop since January.  With Audrey's birth, three weeks off (if you can call it that with c-section recovery and a new baby), and then jumping right into the tourist season, I don't feel like I've gotten much time off.  I finally gave up and started closing on Sundays this month just to have a day to spend with the girls and Brian all together. I am SO looking forward to our trip to Jamaica next week for my brother's wedding. Even if it does mean flying for 2 days with the kiddos to get there.  2 days after we get back from that trip, we are all heading to Dallas for Brian's brother's wedding too.  We'll squeeze in visits with friends for Memorial Day on those 2 days home, so it's going to be a hurry-up-and-relax kind of vacation.

These last two weeks we've had fun with Easter and Cameron getting a new big girl bike from the Easter Bunny, going to the park to enjoy our nice spring weather, having a really nice Mother's Day tea party at Cam's school, and visiting the school art show where the kids get to display and tell us all about everything they've been working on this year.  The art show was actually quite impressive, with preschool paintings of Monet, Van Gogh, and more.  She was very proud to show us her art and was pulling out all kinds of work from the shelves of the classroom while we were there.  She just loves school! Some pics are below.

Audrey just turned 4 months too. The time is flying by and I'm thankful for all the time I do get to spend with her, even if it's riding around in the van or sitting in a random parking lot playing with her and feeding her.  She's now 24" and 13lb 3oz.  I guess that still only puts her in the 25% for weight though but she's looking pretty chunky. Her little jumpers make elastic rings on her legs now where the didn't before.  Some of her newest tricks are rolling from back to tummy, "talking" to us, laughing a ton, and holding on to toys (and hair, and earrings, and necklaces). 









No comments: